To help you learn about our theory and technology, we have organized educational content below. It is designed for anyone who wants to learn about HTM cortical theory and its applications for machine intelligence.
- Research Papers•Here you’ll find a collection of recent Numenta Research papers. Some of them are currently under review at journals/conferences, but we have made all manuscripts freely available on preprint sites, such as arXiv or bioRxiv.
- Biological and Machine Intelligence (BAMI)•This living book (Biological And Machine Intelligence) documents our Hierarchical Temporal Memory framework for both biological and machine intelligence.
- HTM School•This YouTube series is designed to educate the general public about Hierarchical Temporal Memory (HTM). Each 10-15 minute episode dives into a particular topic of HTM theory.
- Have We Missed Half of What the Neocortex Does? Allocentric Location as the Basis of PerceptionJeff Hawkins•Co-founder•2017/12/15
- ODSC West 2017 - The Biological Path Toward Strong AIMatthew Taylor•Open Source Community Manager•2017/11/03
- A Theory of How Columns in the Neocortex Enable Learning the Structure of the WorldNumenta•Jeff Hawkins, Subutai Ahmad, and Yuwei Cui•2017/10/25
- Strange Loop - The Biological Path Toward Strong AIMatthew Taylor•Open Source Community Manager•2017/09/29
- HTM Chat with Jeff Hawkins - Video SeriesNumenta•Jeff Hawkins & Matt Taylor•2017/03/22
- Reverse Engineering the Brain for Intelligent MachinesNumenta•Jeff Hawkins and Subutai Ahmad•2017/03/07
- Machine Intelligence with Streaming Data WebinarNumenta•Christy Maver & Scott Purdy•2016/04/26
- HTM Videos from Jeff HawkinsJeff Hawkins•Co-Founder•2014/11/22
- Getting Started With Numenta TechnologyNumenta•Celeste Baranski & Matt Taylor•2014/10/17
- Science of Anomaly DetectionScott Purdy•Engineering Manager•2014/10/17
- Applications of Hierarchical Temporal Memory (HTM)Chetan Surpur•Software Engineer•2014/10/17
- Sparse Distributed Representations - Our Brain's Data StructureSubutai Ahmad•VP Research•2014/10/17
- HTM Learning Algorithm Tutorial - Algorithm BasicsRahul Agarwal•Software Engineer•2013/08/03
- Jeff Hawkins on Loup Ventures Braintech Podcast SeriesDoug Clinton•Loup Ventures•2018/01/05
- Jeff Hawkins Explores a New Theory of Cortical FunctionGinger Campbell, MD•Brain Science Podcast•2017/11/27
- Numenta: Inventing and (or) Commercializing AI (Case Study)David B. Yoffie, Liz Kind and David Ben Shimol•Harvard Business School•2017/05/31
- Hierarchical Temporal Memory (HTM) WhitepaperJeff Hawkins•Co-Founder•2011/09/12
- On Intelligence (Book)Jeff Hawkins & Sandra Blakeslee•Co-Founder & Co-Author•2005/07/14
- Computational Neuroscience Meeting (CNS) 2017: A cortical model for learning complex temporal structure in sensory streams.Numenta•Subutai Ahmad, Yuwei Cui, Jeff Hawkins•2017/07/24
- Neural Control of Movement (NCM) 2017: A Cortical Circuit For Sensorimotor Learning And RecognitionNumenta•Subutai Ahmad, Jeff Hawkins, Yuwei Cui•2017/05/01
- Cosyne Conference 2017: 3D Object Learning with Cortical ColumnsNumenta•Jeff Hawkins, Yuwei Cui, Subutai Ahmad, Nathanael Romano, and Marcus Lewis•2017/02/24
- Bernstein Conference 2016: Why Do Neurons Have Thousands of Synapses? A Theory of Sequence Memory in Neocortex.Numenta•Subutai Ahmad, Jeff Hawkins, Yuwei Cui•2016/09/21
- Cosyne Conference 2016: A theory of sequence memory in the neocortex.Numenta•Yuwei Cui, Subutai Ahmad, Jeff Hawkins, Chetan Surpur•2016/02/25
- Cosyne Conference 2015: Maintaining Stable Perception During Active Exploration.Numenta•Yuwei Cui, Subutai Ahmad, Jeff Hawkins, Chetan Surpur•2015/03/05
If you are interested in translating our materials, please see https://numenta.org/licenses/ for information about translations.