In this episode, Matt Taylor sits down with Jeff Hawkins to talk about intelligence. What is it? What makes us intelligent? How is our intelligence different from a mouse’s? Jeff addresses these questions and more.
- [1:33] Evolution – a very good place to start
- [9:30] Defining Intelligence – “The bottom line is that Intelligence is only as good as the model that you build.”
- [13.30] Reference frames – “If you don’t have a general purpose reference frame, you cannot be smart.”
- [29:30] Reference frames applied to abstract things
- [41:00] Summary of the 3 components of intelligence