Machine Learning Engineer / Scientist
Today’s machine learning technologies are limited compared to human intelligence. At Numenta, we are one of the few teams developing large scale theories of the brain that are biologically constrained, testable, and implemented in software. The Research Group at Numenta is looking for an outstanding Machine Learning engineer or scientist to apply our neuroscience-based theories towards extending Machine Learning algorithms. As a successful candidate, you will have a deep understanding of traditional machine learning algorithms, and a belief that the best way to build truly intelligent machines is to leverage neuroscience-based principles.
You will work with a small collaborative team of researchers and engineers who are passionate about applying innovative new technologies to move machine intelligence to the next stage. We openly publish all our research, and our research code is available as open source on Github. Numenta is located on the San Francisco Peninsula in downtown Redwood City, a short walk from the Caltrain station. Onsite work is a requirement for this position.
- MS in Computer Science or related field (PhD a plus).
- Hands on experience implementing modern deep learning techniques and architectures.
- At least one year’s experience applying machine learning principles to real world problems, through a combination of internships and/ or industry jobs.
- Experience with Python, and deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Excellent algorithmic and mathematical problem-solving skills, and an understanding of the fundamentals of deep learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience or coursework in neuroscience.
- Track record of publications in leading peer reviewed conferences and journals.
- Working knowledge of HTM algorithms or Numenta’s recent papers (see https://numenta.com).
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including a link to your github repository or other public code repository that contains code you have worked on, to email@example.com.
Numenta is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.